About the Northern NSW Health Literacy Project and the Northern NSW Health Literacy website
The Northern NSW Health Literacy Project is a joint project between the Northern NSW Local Health District and the North Coast Primary Health Network. The project aims to:
- Develop health information that is easy to access, understand and act on.
- Support knowledge, empowerment and self-management of chronic health conditions.
- Develop the skills and capabilities of the health workforce to improve communication with people in their care.
This website was designed to support the Health Literacy project by providing information, resources and links for health professionals and community members to:
- Learn about health literacy
- Learn strategies to improve health literacy. These strategies can differ depending on whether you are a health professional or a community member.
- Health professionals can register to create health literate health information (like brochures and fact sheets). There is also a library of health literate health information that others have developed.